LIFESTYLE: Leaving university and moving home

Monday, September 07, 2015

In the beginning of August I travelled back down to the Sunshine Coast to start my second semester of University. On the way down we stopped at my Grandma and Grandads house, in Murgon, for a visit to break up the 12 hour trip. I got to ride a horse for the first time in my life and hanging out at the farm with my cousins etc. was really nice.



We finally got down to the coast, Mum and I stayed at an apartment on the beachfront of Caloundra, the view was spectacular! 





We couldn't stay at my apartment because it would have been too crowded with my other three roommates. So mum stayed with me for about a week then travelled back home, I was really upset when she left and just felt really empty. Days went on I was just really sad being alone, I tried to make some friends and joined a Hip Hop class and went to a couple of parties. I made a few friend that I went to class with and hang out with but I still felt lonely. I couldn't wait for Joseph to hurry up and come visit.



A few weeks went on I was very upset, just feeling lonely and not very happy with where and who I was living with. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Joseph finally came down, which I thought would help, but I just hated being in my apartment I had grown to really hate my room and I was a bit of a mess. Joseph and I began looking at different options for me like moving to a different university closer to home or online study. This all kind of got my hopes up, but were quickly let down when I realised there was almost no chance of happening. 

A couple days after Joseph left I called my mum and made the decision, "If I can get a job back at home in the next seven days I'm coming home to study externally online!". So that night I put my name down at Woolworths because I noticed they were looking for Replenishment Team Members. I thought, wow! this would be the perfect job for me, as I could study through the day and go to work at night. Also, It was good pay. The next morning I woke up with an email, Woolworths had requested an interview with me. THAT WAS IT IM GOING HOME! I was so excited.

I literally had that  afternoon to pack up my little Barina and tell my roommates I was leaving. The next morning I woke up at 3AM and drove straight home 12 hours and was home that afternoon. It was a very quick decision but I knew that was the only thing that would make me happy. I hated all the drinking, and drugs down the the coast. The university was really good but I couldn't find anybody I was really connecting with. I had friends but I still felt so alone. I felt as if I wasn't doing anything with my life. I was just going to Uni 2 days a week then sitting around my apartment for 5. None of my subjects were what I wanted to do. I want to become a Web Developer/Designer and I was taking Advertising and Communication classes, it felt like such a waste of time. 

So now I am at home. Studying a Diploma of Website Development, a 40 minute drive away from my boyfriend, saving $200+ a week from rent and I actually have a job! I started work last week and got my third shift tomorrow. Right now, I feel like I am at the happiest I could be. I love being able to be around people who care about me and I'm am so glad I am away from the "city" and its motorways. Here are a few photos from my past week.



What have you been up to?
-Claire x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images