BEAUTY: My Hair Care Routine! (For Platinum Blonde Hair)

Thursday, January 28, 2016

I have been colouring my hair since I was probably like 12 years old (I'm 19 now). My hair is very thin but I have a lot of it. Recently, I decided to give it a trim and dye it platinum blonde. A trim? Haha… As I got to the end of my appointment after I coloured my hair I decided I needed more of a change and chopped it all of into a long bob (thanks SIA for the inspiration). Since cutting it my hair gets very curly as it dry's and I love it!

I wash my hair with Natural Look Silver Screen Ice Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner. I have been looking for the perfect toning shampoo for quite a while, I've tried brands like Matrix and DE Lorenzo but they just weren’t getting rid of the yellow tones. While I was on holidays a lady put me onto this Shampoo and Conditioner and it is amazing! I love it and probably won't change for a while now. One small thing I don't really like is the conditioner because it does leave my hair with tangles and I sometimes still like to add in a little bit of my Matrix conditioner.

I like to wash my hair every 2-3 days, but since it is so hot up here in Queensland, Australia I sweat a lot at work and go swimming a lot, so I end up washing my hair a lot. I like to keep this shampoo in for like 10 minutes because I like a over toned look with the grey/purplish/pink colour haha. But if you don’t want that just leave it in for like a minute or two.

Check out the Natural Look Silver Screen Ice Blonde Shampoo here (1ltr - $20AUD)

Once a week I then like to use a hair mask treatment because I like to bleach my hair. I like to use Jeval Infusions Argan Oil, Hemp Seed and Jojoba See Intense Masque Treatment. It leaves my hair feeling very soft and silky and very healthy. I haven't tried any other products but my hairdresser highly recommends this one and I love it! Oh and I usually leave it in my hair for the full 20 minutes to give my hair extra smoothness.

Check out the Jeval Infusions Argan Oil, Hemp Seed and Jojoba See Intense Masque Treatment here (1ltr - $35.00)

For detangling I'm currently digging this Salon Elite Tangle Teezer. I have never used a hairbrush quite like it. It detangles my hair without breakage or much pulling on my head. Believe it or not but this was a bit of an accidental purchase… I never realised it was $25 (wholly… I know right?) the lady at the pharmacy kind of just threw it in… But you know oh well I love it and probably would have purchased it anyways.

Check out the Salon Elite Tangle Teezer here ($25)

Thanks for reading
- Claire xx

(I was not paid for this post, simply just wanted to share the products I like to use)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images